an independent Tea Party group in DuPage County, IL
YOUR CALL MATTERS!!!!
Final Cloture Vote On Immigration Bill Set for TODAYAt 11:30am, Final Passage Vote Expected This Afternoon
1,200-page bill provides immediate amnesty without enforcement; legalization for convicted criminals; vast unchecked discretion for Secretary Napolitano; almost instant access to state and local benefit programs; less than 10 percent of future flow ‘merit-based’; CBO says increase in guest workers and low-skill immigration will reduce wages for working Americans
BACKGROUND ON AMNESTY-FIRST IMMIGRATION BILL:
· Immediate amnesty before enforcement
· Guts legal requirement for biometric exit-entry system
· Millions of green cards (permanent residency) before enforcement—debunking another false claim from sponsors
· No border surge. Agents aren’t required until 2021. It will never happen.
· No fence requirement. DHS retains discretion in the bill that preempts the call for a fence in ten years. Litigation also provides an escape hatch to never build the fence. The fence won’t happen.
· Legalization for gang members and convicted criminals
· Amnesty for future visa overstays (in other words, a prospective amnesty for future illegal immigrants)
· Guaranteed welfare access for illegal immigrants
· Undermines interior enforcement, prompting ICE officers to warn: “There is no doubt that, if passed, public safety will be endangered and massive amounts of future illegal immigration—especially visa overstays—is ensured.”
· Expands non-merit chain migration—less than 10 percent of future flow is merit-based
· Doubles the number of guest workers and triples the number of immigrants granted lawful permanent residency—reducing wages for U.S. workers and driving up unemployment