an independent Tea Party group in DuPage County, IL
I considering posting this on my personal Facebook page. Is it worth it? Is it too late? Does anyone even care?
A guide to the Comprehensive Immigration Reform discussion
(for the "low information" voter):
- Comprehensive = Unread legislation
- Immigration Reform = Amnesty
- Amnesty = Political pandering
- Political pandering = Vote buying
- Broken system = Un-enforced Laws
- Secure Border = National Sovereignty
- National Sovereignty = Safe and secure pursuit of happiness
8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien
Any alien who
(1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or
(2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or
(3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
I think their are plenty of people who care. There are also many, including many politicians who do not care. When the rule of law is ignored, the law ceases to exist. When the rule of law is enforced arbitrarily, that becomes tyranny. Step 1 - admitting we have a problem.